“Attention, please!” – this is what your presentations will shout, not you. No more yawning audiences or glazed-over eyes as your slide deck unfolds. Imagine transforming your presentations into captivating visual journeys!
Can you actually do that with presentations?
Yes, by adding videos to your slides. Videos are the game-changers and can turn regular slides into dynamic, attention-grabbing narratives. They have emerged as powerful tools that breathe life into mundane presentations.
So, how to add a video to Google Slides? This article will arm you with everything you need to know to master the art of integrating videos into your Google Slides, be it on your desktop or mobile device.
Why Add a Video to Your Slides?
Before moving on to how to insert a video into google slides, let us look at the advantages of adding video to your presentation:
- Engaging: Videos captivate audiences, keeping them interested. People are more likely to engage with videos than plain text or documents.
- Improved information retention: Sources reveal that viewers retain 95% of the information presented in video form, compared to only 10% when reading text.
- Persuasive: Videos incorporate storytelling, emotions, and ideas, making it easier to connect with your audience.
- Flexible formats: Videos enable users to pick animations, tutorials, demos, or narrated slides to suit their content based on audience preferences.
- Interactivity: Videos often feature quizzes, clickable regions, or annotations to make the learning experience engaging.
- Breaking monotony: Videos break up slide monotony and provide visual interest.
How to Embed a YoutTube Video in Google Slides
Google has owned YouTube since 2006, making it incredibly simple to integrate YouTube videos into various Google products, including Google Slides.
There are two ways to insert YouTube videos on Google Slides.
- Open the desired slide in your presentation.
- Click on the available “Insert” option.
- Select the option “Video” from the dropdown.
- Type keywords for the video in the YouTube search bar.
- Select your desired video from the search results and click “Select”.
The second method to add a video to Google Slides involves using a YouTube video URL.
For this method, follow these steps:
- Open your desired YouTube video in another tab or browser window.
- Copy the video URL from the address bar.
- Now, open your presentation slide. Click “Insert”.
- Select the “Video” option.
- A new window will open. Select the “By URL” tab.
- Paste the YouTube video URL in the designated bar.
- Wait for the video to load. Large videos might take longer to load.
- Click “Select”.
You can position and resize the video for a polished look. Google Slides offers some video editing tools like setting the video timer and player size and minor customizations such as transparency and blur. While you don’t have the option to crop, adjusting the player size and creating a cleaner presentation is possible.
How to Insert a Video Into Google Slides
How to upload a video to google slides directly from your computer? Here’s how:
- Choose the video you want.
- Upload the video file to Google Drive by selecting “New > File upload”.
- Now, open your presentation slide. Click on “Insert”.
- Select “Video”.
- A new window will open. Select the Google Drive tab.
- Find and select the desired video from Google Drive, then click “Select”.
- The video will appear on the slide.
You can use the video editing tools in Google Slides to adjust the video player’s position and timing. You can also choose whether the video plays automatically or manually.
How to Put a Video in Google Slides From Your Phone
Google Slides is available on Android and iOS. Download it from Play Store for Android and Apple App Store for iOS. Or simply from the web browsers.
Here’s how to put a video on google slides from your phone :
To add a video to Google Slides using an Android smartphone, follow these steps:
- Upload the video to Google Drive or copy the YouTube URL.
- Take a screenshot and crop your desired picture.
- Open the Google Slides app.
- Open the desired slide.
- Tap the “+” icon and select “Image > From photos”.
- Choose the cropped screenshot and position it on the slide.
- Tap the “+” icon again and select “Link”.
- Paste the copied link in the URL bar and tap “✓”.
- Now, tapping the screenshot will redirect you to the video.
To add videos to Google Slides on an iPhone, follow these steps:
- Upload the video to Google Drive.
- Copy the Google Drive link or YouTube URL of the video.
- Capture an engaging moment in the video. Take a screenshot.
- Crop it to the right size. This will be the video thumbnail.
- Go to the Google Slides app.
- Open the desired slide.
- Tap the “+” icon on the top right corner. Choose “Image > from photos”.
- Add the screenshot to the slide.
- Tap on the “+” again in the top right corner and choose “Link”.
- Paste the previously copied link in the URL bar and tap “✓”.
In a nutshell, adding videos to your presentations can take your audience engagement from zero to a hundred in no time! Now that you’re aware of how to do it on desktop, as well as mobile devices, creating impactful presentations is just a click away.
Wondering how else you can enhance your presentation?
With SlidesAI. It’s a simple yet powerful AI add-on tool for Google Slides that converts boring, lengthy text into visually appealing slides in seconds. No more copy-pasting. Craft visually breathtaking narratives that leave a lasting impression. Try the tool today!
Why can’t I insert a video into Google Slides?
Creating visually appealing presentations is made easy with Google Slides. However, some users may face challenges when adding videos. This is because Google Slides does not support direct video uploads. Instead, users can effortlessly include videos by inserting a link from platforms like YouTube or Vimeo. By following this approach, users can add multimedia content, create captivating slideshows, and effectively engage their audience.
How do you record and add a video to Google Slides?
First, record your video using any third-party tool or your device’s camera app and save it. Next, open Google Slides and choose the specific slide where you want to add this video and click the “Insert” option from the top menu. Choose “Video” and upload your video file. You can adjust the video’s size and position within the slide to your preference.
How do you put a YouTube video into Google Slides?
You can include YouTube videos in Google Slides following simple steps. Look up the video on YouTube and copy its URL. Go to the slide where you want to apply the video. Click “Insert” from the top menu, then choose “Video” and “Google Drive.” Paste the YouTube video URL into the search bar and choose the desired video. Customize the video to fit your presentation best.
Can we make Google Slides to video?
While Google Slides is yet to offer the ability to export presentations as videos, users can export their Google Slides presentation to Microsoft PowerPoint and then save it as a video.